At Authors for Families, your entire donation goes directly to the nonprofit organization—no overhead charges! Our fabulous auction offerings range from autographed books to manuscript critiques and one-on-one publishing chats and more from middle grade, young adult, and adult novelists writing in every genre.
Our next literary fundraiser begins April 1, 2019. All auctions run from the stroke of midnight on the first day of the Auction month until 11:59pm EST on the last.
How our literary fundraiser works:
1. BID: Choose an auction item. Bid by leaving your pledge in the comment section below the auction item. (Sometimes it takes a minute or so for your bid to show.) All auction items turn to pumpkins at midnight of the first of the month, so get those bids timestamped while you can!
2. WIN: After the auction closes, we’ll e-mail you if you’ve won your item with all the info you need to claim it. The winner will be the highest bid with the latest timestamp still in the month of the auction by EST.
3. CLAIM: To claim your item, donate the money you pledged to one of the charities listed below. Send us proof of your donation in response to the e-mail we sent you when you won. From there, we’ll put you in touch with the author responsible for your prize. (Changed your mind? The prize goes to the next highest bidder.)
Please only bid if you fully intend to honor your pledge for all items you win!
Here are the charities we’ve chosen to benefit, all whom work closely to reunite immigrant families:
• CASA in Maryland, D.C., Virginia, and Pennsylvania. They litigate, advocate, and help with representation of minors needing legal services.
• Women’s Refugee Commission advocates for the rights and protection of women, children, and youth fleeing violence and persecution.
• Kids in Need of Defense works to ensure that kids do not appear in immigration court without representation, and to lobby for policies that advocate for children’s legal interests.
• The Florence Project is an Arizona project offering free legal services to men, women, and unaccompanied children in immigration custody.
• RAICES is the largest immigration nonprofit in Texas offering free and low-cost legal services to immigrant children and families.
Disclaimer: Authors for Families is a collective, not an organization. As such, each contributor is solely responsible for fulfilling their end of the agreement and for the delivery of goods as described in the individual listings. That said, the AFF administrator will attempt to mediate any problems that may arise.
Need more info? Unclear on a listing’s terminology? Want to say Hi?
Contact us here. And thanks!